- RSS Channel Showcase 5234351
- RSS Channel Showcase 6976463
- RSS Channel Showcase 3652993
- RSS Channel Showcase 4742383
Articles on this Page
- 08/26/14--06:23: _Blue Introduces New...
- 08/26/14--18:25: _“Commercial Scoring...
- 08/26/14--18:44: _Review: Focusrite i...
- 08/27/14--06:33: _sE Electronics Intr...
- 08/28/14--10:20: _Avoiding Pitfalls o...
- 08/30/14--07:22: _FabFilter Releases ...
- 08/31/14--07:04: _Fredenstein Launche...
- 09/01/14--07:04: _Galaxy Audio Begins...
- 09/02/14--07:08: _The ABC’s of…EDM In...
- 09/03/14--07:10: _Video Tutorial: Edi...
- 09/03/14--10:42: _Prism Sound Announc...
- 09/04/14--06:00: _Review: Retrospec S...
- 09/04/14--07:46: _ATC Launches the AT...
- 09/06/14--07:20: _Native Instruments ...
- 09/07/14--06:46: _IMSTA FESTA Returns...
- 09/08/14--07:00: _7 Steps to Award-Wi...
- 09/09/14--07:24: _Dave Smith Instrume...
- 09/10/14--06:57: _Review: Focal Alpha...
- 09/11/14--08:03: _iZotope Releases RX...
- 09/11/14--10:20: _The Ever-Expanding ...
- 08/26/14--18:44: Review: Focusrite iTrack Dock, iPad Audio Interface — by Erin Barra
- 08/28/14--10:20: Avoiding Pitfalls of Music Law, with Entertainment Lawyer Ron Skoler
- 08/30/14--07:22: FabFilter Releases Pro-Q 2 Equalizer Filter Plug-In
- 09/04/14--06:00: Review: Retrospec Squeeze Box
- 09/06/14--07:20: Native Instruments Announces KOMPLETE 10 and KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE
- 09/07/14--06:46: IMSTA FESTA Returns to NYC – 9/27 at SAE Institute
- 09/08/14--07:00: 7 Steps to Award-Winning Sound Design: “Human Revolution – Deus Ex”
- 09/09/14--07:24: Dave Smith Instruments Introduces The DSM01 Curtis Filter Module
- 09/11/14--10:20: The Ever-Expanding World of Eurorack Modular Synths
Purveyors of audio capturing devices, Blue Microphones is now reinventing their version of the headphone as we know it. Eliminating any pre-conceived notions about how and what headphones are supposed to be, Blue began designing their new Mo-Fi headphones with unrivaled fidelity in mind that would translate equally across all … Read More
Writing music for commercials is an art form all its own. Emerging composers who want to get in the game now have a sharp new resource at their disposal.
I was excited to review the Focusrite iTrack Dock because I’ve been intrigued by iOS for quite some time and finally had a reason to find out what all the hype is about. I’ve seen my fair share of iPad commercials where symphonies are composed in the back of cabs…… Read More
It’s been eight years since sE Electronics originally introduced their Reflexion Filter Pro – a portable isolation environment that renders vocal tracks void of nasty reflections and resonant frequencies. In that time the product has seemingly become the defacto in its category. (We see these things in all kinds of … Read More
At some point all musicians must ask themselves: Is this a job or a hobby? Even those able to make it to that mountaintop of gainful employment in music may find that they aren’t living out a fantasy so much as … Read More
On top of the already gorgeous interface, this major update from the original FabFilter Pro-Q brings us a host of new features along with all of the originals.
500 can be affordable – so says Fredenstein Professional Audio.
An American-German design team, Fredenstein keeps its costs down by manufacturing in Taiwan, then passing the proverbial savings on to you.
The second edition to their Value Line of 500 series … Read More
Get a handle on this innovation – one that seems long overdue.
Modern production and pop music in particular often involves a lot of editing. I’m a big fan of spending more time on tracking and less time on edits – and only when needed.
When edits are needed I like to get them done as efficiently and quickly as possible while … Read More
Producers of high-end analog gear and digital plug-ins Prism Sound have announced a new update and pricing structure for their DAW SADiE. The intent of SADiE is to serve as a platform for Mastering, Radio Production, TV/Film Post, Archiving and Restoration, and high level Sound Design.
Prism Sound is … Read More
As a longtime fan of their Juice Box DI, I’ve been eager to get my hands on Retrospec’s Squeeze Box tube compressor pedal for some time. So when I heard that it was being reissued, I jumped at the chance. (Full disclosure: Retrospec founder and designer … Read More
ATC has done one of its top monitors one better.
TransAudioGroup, the US rep for ATC, today announced the arrival the ATC SCM20ASL Pro MkII near-field reference monitor.
The ATC SCM20ASL Pro MkII represents a substantive improvement on the … Read More
Among the best in music and sound production, the massive effects and production package known as KOMPLETE 10 is upon us.
Native Instruments has refined their production suite with new instruments, sampled pianos, included KOMPLETE KONTROL software (for function with KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards), and more additional NI instruments and … Read More
Every year, we’re happy to see IMSTA FESTA show up in New York City.
“A Celebration of Music Technology”, it’s true that an upbeat atmosphere always pervades this annual event. It’s an excellent chance for artists, producers, beatmakers and engineers to get up close and personal with experts from a … Read More
Space: the final frontier for sound designers.
Any audio artist can go gaga with gadgetry on the teaser trailer for a sci-fi fantasy – it takes something more to exercise discretion.
The Curtis Filter from Dave Smith Instruments has been an integral part of their sound since its original debut in the Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 from 1978. Now, with the DSM01, DSI is contributing it as a standalone module for all! The VCA equipped module is available in 8HP Eurorack-format … Read More
Focal is a French company that designs and manufactures a wide variety of speakers and other products in the areas of audiophile, home cinema, headphone and car systems. In the world of studio monitoring, they are known for high end systems including the highly regarded and wallet-flattening SM9 and SM6.… Read More
Recent recipient of an Emmy for RX, their flagship audio repair and enhancement software, iZotope now brings to us their fourth edition. Along with being able to already handle problems like noise, distortion and inconsistent recording volume, RX 4 introduces visual editing tools to spectrogram view with Spectral Repair.
Dialogue … Read More
The world of electronic instruments once seemed stubbornly esoteric and entirely niche-focused, dominated by huge wooden boxes packed full of knobs and buttons that allowed the average musician no access to their hidden wonders and infinite sonic potential.
Never was … Read More