- RSS Channel Showcase 7422070
- RSS Channel Showcase 9575021
- RSS Channel Showcase 1151411
- RSS Channel Showcase 5848201
Articles on this Page
- 09/13/14--07:11: _Studer Debuts Vista...
- 09/14/14--07:20: _PSP Audioware Launc...
- 09/15/14--06:57: _Mix with Maury: EQi...
- 09/16/14--07:32: _Society of Composer...
- 09/16/14--14:03: _Eventide Announces ...
- 09/17/14--06:52: _Universal Audio Ann...
- 09/17/14--07:01: _Track Attack! Recor...
- 09/18/14--07:42: _RIP Mike Skinner: P...
- 09/18/14--11:08: _Unpopular Instrumen...
- 09/20/14--07:23: _Crane Song Announce...
- 09/21/14--06:42: _Line 6 Introduces S...
- 09/22/14--06:49: _Alternative Audio C...
- 09/22/14--12:23: _Universal Audio Ann...
- 09/23/14--07:53: _Review: An Unorthod...
- 10/05/14--18:56: _My GO TO…Mix Bus: T...
- 11/18/14--06:05: _Slate Digital Launc...
- 02/21/15--08:01: _Slate Digital Launc...
- 03/12/15--07:54: _Review: Universal A...
- 10/10/15--07:42: _Soundtoys 5 Launche...
- 10/16/18--04:15: _New Software Review...
- 09/13/14--07:11: Studer Debuts Vista V Digital Console
- 09/14/14--07:20: PSP Audioware Launches PSP MasterComp V1.8.0
- 09/15/14--06:57: Mix with Maury: EQing Drums to Enhance Low Frequency Transients
- 09/16/14--14:03: Eventide Announces UltraReverb Plug-In — 9 Reverbs from the H8000
- 09/18/14--07:42: RIP Mike Skinner: Producer, Drummer, Audio Adventurist
- 09/18/14--11:08: Unpopular Instruments in Popular Music: 9 Sonic Oddities
- 09/20/14--07:23: Crane Song Announces INSIGNA Valve-Based Tube EQ for the 500 Series
- 09/21/14--06:42: Line 6 Introduces Sonic Port VX Mobile Audio Interface
- 09/23/14--07:53: Review: An Unorthodox Look At Synthmaster 2.6 — by Nick Messitte
- 10/05/14--18:56: My GO TO…Mix Bus: Three Pros Share Their Secret Weapons
- 11/18/14--06:05: Slate Digital Launches Virtual Mix Rack – Modular Plugin System
- 03/12/15--07:54: Review: Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO
- 10/16/18--04:15: New Software Review: Envy by The Cargo Cult
Swiss-based company Studer has been catering to professional audio since 1948. Taking their popular Vista X console to the next level in processing and functionality, Studer is now introducing the Vista V digital console.
The new console has a smaller footprint with 52 motorized faders, meter bridge, Dynamic Automation with … Read More
One of the most revered plugin compressors available just got a little better.
There are multiple changes, but the most notable new … Read More
This is the second in a series by Andrew Maury. See his first article, “How and Why Distortion Can Replace the Need for EQ & Compression.”
Something I’ve started doing is EQing very sharp, carefully placed boosts to sub and/or bass frequencies on close-mic’d drum channels or samples. … Read More
Are you ready to take your composing career to the next level?
At the UltraReverb’s core lives a total of 9 unique reverb algorithms with full control over their parameters. What this plug-in has that the H8000 doesn’t is over 300 presets that include additional … Read More
Exclusively available for the UAD platform and Apollo interfaces, Universal Audio has released a reverb plugin two years in the making. The AMS RMX16 plugin is modeled after the actual RMX16 hardware device – also the world’s first full-bandwidth digital reverberator from the 1980s. Mark Crabtree, the designer of … Read More
A rock opera in 5:44 – that’s what you’re in for with “Rosie.”
It takes a special track to take you on a massive journey in a short amount of time, but this hyperkinetic new single from the rising NYC … Read More
He could leap into a frenetic beat or lock into a solid groove. He could keep it subtle or go absolutely all out. I loved watching Mike Skinner play drums.
I was as floored as … Read More
Tired of the traditional dominance of guitar, bass, and drums in pop music? Here are 9 instruments that have made it into popular music that you either didn’t know about, can’t pronounce, or wouldn’t be able to play without removing from a living creature first.
The Glass Harmonica
The Glass … Read More
A tantalizing new unit is headed for your 500 rack.
Line 6 remains a dedicated provider of creative tools for musicians on the go.
Expanding on that dedication, they have now introduced the Sonic Port VX – the second of their Sonic Port line of interfaces.What really makes the new interface shine are the built in condenser microphones – a … Read More
Behind the gear in your studio is an unseen force: the distributor.
It’s not manpower that you think about very often because, well, you’re not supposed to. Like the guitar or drum tech who keeps a live show running smoothly while lurking in … Read More
Universal Audio has just gone deeper into audio space with its UAD-2 Satellite line – the relentless sound pioneers have introduced their new UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators.
(Editor’s Update, 10/8/14: Universal Audio announced that this … Read More
Since its release, Synthmaster—a semi-modular synth by KV331Audio — has garnered heaps of praise from audio critics: Rob Mitchell of Soundbytes wrote that it’s “tough to find something it can’t do.” Musicradar.com labeled the software, “Everything you need in one synth.”
A bit of full disclosure: I’m a contrarian, … Read More
Frank Filipetti, Nadim Issa, and Paul "Wllie Green" Womack have some incredible directions for your master fader.
The post My GO TO…Mix Bus: Three Pros Share Their Secret Weapons appeared first on SonicScoop.
500 x 4 really adds up. Slate Digital has an attractive equation for engineers, producers, and mixers with the Virtual Mix Rack, a modular plugin system that brings a virtual 500 series straight into the DAW. The VMR is starting off with four tasty and authentic emulations of classic EQs and compressors. Powered by Slate’s […]
The post Slate Digital Launches Virtual Mix Rack – Modular Plugin System appeared first on SonicScoop.
One plus five=2.0. We speaketh of the latest VCC from Slate Digital, aka Virtual Console Collection 2.0, which has added a sixth emulation to the pack of five originally released in 2011. Now you can endow your DAW with a sixth console emulation of “a famous early eighties British mixing desk” they’re calling Brit 4K […]
The post Slate Digital Launches Virtual Console Collection 2.0, Featuring ‘Brit 4K E’ appeared first on SonicScoop.
Plugins: They are commonplace and nearly mandatory in today’s studios and workspaces, and for some, have entirely replaced hardware processors. There is now even an entire generation of audio fiends that have never worked outside the box. For some, analog processing is still considered the holy grail—at least for certain genres of music. Regardless, most […]
The post Review: Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO appeared first on SonicScoop.
Keep plugins together, keep plugins together forever and ever! That’s the mission of Soundtoys via the just-launched Soundtoys 5. With the new Effect Rack at its core, Soundtoys 5 is a powerful multi-effects processor that improves workflow by providing a single place to browse the entire Soundtoys effects catalog, and to mix, match, tweak and […]
The post Soundtoys 5 Launches – Multi-Effects Processor Unifies All Soundtoys Plugins appeared first on SonicScoop.